Pages

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Bible reading challenge

This challenge comes from Grace and Sarah Mally at Grace Notes.  Speed reading the Bible between now and December 31st.  15 chapters a day.  Yeah, it's a lot to process, but it's doable.  Sarah suggests reading 9 chapters in the morning starting in Genesis, 2 at lunch starting in Psalms and Proverbs, and 4 before bed starting in Matthew. 

It seems a bit crazy, but it's a really good idea.  Reading the Bible slowly throughout the entire years makes it difficult to really see the big picture.  It also is such a slow process that people that suffer from ADD (like me!) rarely make it to April or May without slipping way off schedule, if we don't just stop reading all together.  So, when I saw this challenge today I got really excited.  It seemed like the perfect thing for me. 

I plan on starting tomorrow morning.  Anyone want to join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment